Why Visit Langkawi?
Langkawi is an archipelago made up of 99 islands on Malaysia’s west drift. Encompassed by the turquoise ocean, the inside of the principal island is a blend of pleasant paddy fields and wilderness clad slopes. In case you’re resolved to hauling away tax free liquor, cigarettes and chocolate, at that point, this is the place to be. Vacations and holidays for singles as nature darlings will discover the island similarly as pleasing as the shoreline is bordered by powder-fine sand and influencing coconut trees. The island is particularly perceived for its grand plunging openings, and this tropical diamond shrouds a fortune trove of other energizing occasion openings. From the far-reaching Underwater World Langkawi along Pantai Cenang to the taking off Cable Car in Pantai Kok, Langkawi is a charging region that keeps guests returning for additional.
Besides, Langkawi island got the World Geopark status from UNESCO in 2007. Hence if you’re a nature lover, this island is no less than a paradise for you. Don’t miss this island when you are vacationing in Malaysia.
How to go to Langkawi
There are many options for you and here are some to consider:
- Travel from Penang to langkawi by a ferry
- You can also travel from Kuala Perlis to langkawi by a ferry
- If going to langkawi from Kuala Kedah, you can also take a ferry
- From Kuala Lumpur, you can consider taking a domestic flight to Langkawi
- Internationally you can travel from Guangzhao and Singapore to Langkawi by a direct flight.
Airport to Hotel Transfer
- Ask hotel you book if they have airport to hotel transfer facility, if yes, do avail that facility
- You can also take a taxi from airport
- Alternatively, you can also take Grab
- Rent a car – the best option!
Why renting a car in Langkawi is good idea?
The public transport is not good in Langkawi. If you use a taxi or Grab for your movements, you are likely to spend more. Thus you may consider renting a car while you are in Langkawi. Rent a car, pick up from the airport, drive during your stay and drop off at the airport before you leave.
Popular Attractions of Langkawi
The best attractions in Langkawi benefit as much as possible from the natural scenes, sweeping parks, and notorious structures that no first-time guest should skip on their movement schedule. As one of Malaysia’s best-known and most common shoreline goals, the large island is home to verifiable attractions, incredible charge, fantastic jumping openings, energizing nightlife and low priced shopping.
Langkawi’s immaculate shorelines – to be specific Datai Bay, Pantai Cenang, and Tanjung Rhu – are likewise evaluated among the best on the planet while immense streets give simple access to its lively shoreline towns.
Because of the span of the island, Langkawi’s best attractions are best investigated by rented vehicle. There are a couple of sights that you certainly need to look at before leaving this island, so look at our far-reaching rundown of the most prevalent Langkawi attractions:
- Langkawi Sky Bridge
- Taman Lagenda Langkawi
- Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls
- Langkawi Arts in Paradise 3D Museum
- Pulau Payar Marine Park
- Langkawi Wildlife Park and Bird Paradise
- Gunung Raya
- Underwater World Langkawi
- Langkawi Cable Car
- Dataran Lang (Eagle Square)
- The Kilim Karst Geoforest Park (The Kilim River)
Popular Beaches of Langkawi
- Pantai Cenang – Busiest beach with lots of eateries, souvenir shops, picturesque beauty, and the Underwater World
- Pantai Kok – a seaside location with high-end upscale resorts and surely one of the best spot in Malaysia
There are many other beaches in Langkawi and all are beautiful in one way or another. However, not many people frequent these beaches. If you want to see secluded places, or less developed but beautiful, you may consider these beaches, which include Pantai Tengah, Burau Beach, Datai Bay, Shark Bay (Teluk Yu) Beach, Tengkorak Beach, etc
Activities and Tours in Langkawi – Things to Do
- Langkawi Zipline Adventure Tours
- Langkawi Island Hopping Tour
- Langkawi SkyTrail Guided Trek
- Morning Join-In Rainforest Trek in Langkawi
- Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark Join-in Cruise
- Kubang Badak Mangrove River Join-in Kayaking Tour
- Skytrax Adventure Langkawi
- Langkawi Bird Watching Join In Tour with Hotel Transfer
- Kubang Badak Mangrove River Join-In Cruise with Swimming
- Langkawi Evening Rainforest Join-In Tour with Hotel Transfer
- Snorkeling and Diving Adventures in Pulau Payar
- Luxury Sunset Cruise Dinner
- Langkawi Underwater World Admission Ticket (available soon)
- Wildlife Park Langkawi Admission Ticket (available soon)
- Island Hopping Jet Ski Tour of Langkawi
- Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Langkawi Discovery Helicopter Tour
- Crocodile Adventureland Admission Ticket (available soon
Find flights, hotels, car rentals, airport transfers, taxis, cruises, etc.
- Flights and Hotels
- Rent a Car
- Airport Transfers
- Bus, Train, and Ferry Tickets
- Buy Tour Packages, Activities’ Admission Passes & More…